Thompson’s Steel Roller Shutters are designed for openings large and small – up to 12m high and 14m wide for all applications and operations, manual and automated. The shutters, rollers, and slats are custom designed by our in-house engineers to provide the quietest operated shutters in the market.
Our designs switch accordingly to each application using a range of slats, guides, rollers, brackets and other accessories to provide a perfect solution for every application and environment they are installed in. Our Steel Roller Shutters can be used from simple Factory & Warehouse Shutters, to the demands of large Fire Rated Shutters.
- Constructed from interlocking galvanised steel slats secured on every alternate end by Nylon clips to prevent lateral slat movement and allow smooth operation by minimising friction.
- Standard heavy duty bearings in the roller drum to allow for ease of operation and counter balancing the weight of the curtain of the door.
- High strength galvanised steel guides in varying width’s to allow additional security against vandalism.
- Easily repairable components – full range of spare parts are readily available from our service department and are made in house.
- Powdercoat (pre-coated) or polyurethane finish (painted on site)
- Special ventilated options such as perforated or slotted curtains and slats available for vision and ventilation through the shutter.
- Head or side panels
- Brush strips to restrict vermin or dust entering.
- Removable mullions allowing wider openings in a single span.
- Heavy duty sliding locks located at each end of the bottom rail (not recommended for motorised doors).
- Specially packed guides for less friction when operating the guides.
- Nylon rivets for further minimising friction and the need for industrial grease.
- Wide range of electronic functions and add ons available (motor and control box dependent).
By Motor –
- Shaft or Chain driven with emergency manual operation available.
- Key operated isolating switch for direct electronic manual operation.
- Remote transmitter and card readers or access control compatibility (motor and control box dependent).
Manual Operation –
- Using a weight reduction chain box with galvanised looped pull chain.
- Manual open and close shutter – for heights 2.5m and under.
Thompsons Steel Roller Shutters
Roller: 100mm – 406mm Dia at 3.5mm to 9.5mm Seamless Drawn steel tube housing counterbalanced springs
Roller Axle: 38mm dia steel tube axle
Slat: 50mm, 75mm and 100mm profile
Guide: 50mm – 200mm galvanised pressed steel channel
Bottom Rail: 50mm x 50mm x 6mm Steel or aluminium angle
Brackets: 8mm mild steel plate
- Sliding steel shootbolt locking
- Centre lift lock to bottom rail or at waist height
- Motorised: Locked automatically by gearbox
Motor: Tubular motor
Chain: Reduction chain box with endless galvanised hand pull chain
- Standard galvanised
- Powdercoated (pre-finished)
- Polyurethane (painted on site)
Thompson’s Roller Shutters are weather resistant featuring specific parts compared to standard roller shutters to be able to resist sustained weather-related corrosion.
Ideal if the site is particularly exposed, or subject to high winds. Thompson’s High Wind Roller Shutters suitable for warehouses, factories, mines, car park entries and loading docks.
Car park entrances need roller shutters that are fast, tough, quiet, durable and easily repairable, and the Traffic shutter has been specifically designed for this and similar purposes.
Thompson’s SENTINEL Roller Shutter Sydney has been specifically designed for shops, small arcade entries, local club playing field facilities and school storage areas. It is a purpose built roller shutter with emphasis on security, clean lines and reliability.
As the name suggests, our Hand Balanced Countertop shutter is designed for servery counters like kiosks, canteens, tuck shops and other places where medium security is needed.
We Design, Manufacture, Install, Service & Repair Steel Roller Shutters across Sydney & NSW.
Need high-quality steel roller shutters in Sydney? Call 02 9567 0488 no matter where you are or what your unique business requirements are, Thompson’s Roller Shutters will have the best suited steel roller shutters for you.