Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Paid SIM card plan
- Plenty of overtime available – (experienced fitters)
- Optional weekend work available
- Voluntary call out roster – (experienced fitters)
Thompson’s Roller Shutters Pty Ltd, located in Turrella near Sydney Airport, and is one of Australia’s oldest and most recognized names in the industrial and commercial door industry. Manufacturer of industrial roller shutters and sectional doors for over 90 years. We cater for a range of clients from the construction and commercial sectors, through to government departments and strata’s.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a motivated Installer and Service Technician to join our friendly and busy team. We are based in Turrella (bordering to Wolli Creek). The key responsibility for this role is to provide quality customer satisfaction through installation, maintenance and repairs to a wide range of industrial and commercial roller shutters and sectional doors, in addition to gates, boom gates and associated equipment.
- Installation, repair and servicing of all types of roller shutters, roller doors, sectional doors and gates – including motorisations.
- Fault find / diagnose and repair common and more complex problems.
- Accurate measurement of replacement parts.
- Willing to be flexible with hours with potential early starts or after hours work in order to cater for client’s requests or construction site hours.
If you consider yourself to have the following, then we want to hear from you!
PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE DOOR INDUSTRY IS PREFERRED
- Mechanically minded, with the ability to stand back and assess the situation before commencing work.
- Strong fault-finding skills and rectification of mechanical issues and basic electrical problems, minimising the need to go back on jobs.
- Previous experience within mechanical, electrical or metalworking fields.
- Good communication skills in dealing with fellow staff and clients on site.
- A self-starter and ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
- Current driver’s licence
The following would be highly regarded but are not necessary:
- Restricted Electrical Licence;
- MR Truck Licence; EWP licence; Forklift Licence
- Welding experience or trade certificate
- Trade qualification
The Offer – What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate + super + overtime.
- Option to join voluntary after-hours emergency call roster, based on skill level, attitude and performance.
- Fully maintained work vehicle for MR licence holder, including tools and full PPE & uniform provided.
- Fully paid mobile SIM plan
- Ongoing training and personal upskilling.
- Supportive management who value your input in finding new and improved ways to achieving success
This position would suit someone who has a mechanical background or mind, who is willing to learn and easily fits into a team. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please click APPLY NOW and submit your resume for consideration.
The role can commence immediately, with package based on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Jim Heihei. First Interviews will be conducted by phone – face to face interviews are to be conducted afterwards.
Prior to appointment, be willing to obtain Working with Children’s Check, Police Check and Medical.
- How many years of metal working experience do you have?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: MR licence?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Working at Heights?
- Which of the following describes your work eligibility in Australia?